Monday, March 26, 2012

Getting started

My name is Joanne. I live in the midwest. I recently started reading some blogs. Most are about weight loss which I need to do alot of :) But food and I have a Love/Love relationship. I was always skinny growing up but as the years keep coming so does the weight. I drop it and then it comes back to find me with it's friends. I was really motivated last summer. Joined a running club, ran on my own as well. Went to the gym and worked out at least 4 times a week. I ran a two 5K's and a 3K. I felt better than ever and was dropping weight. Lost twenty-seven lbs in three months! Then vacation came and excersise and motivation went on vacation too. I've been trying to track down that sucker motivation but he is in hiding lol. I've started taking walks looking for him though and I think I have spotted him a few times. Here is to hoping I track him down soon.....but for now at least I'm not losing breath walking anymore.

The blogs I'm keeping up with are motivating. I look forward the their post everyday. Check them out Mamalaughlin --- She will crack you up!  another good one is She keeps it real -- Priorfatgirl and one last one Finding Joy in the journey .

Maybe that is what inspired me to start this blog. I figure it is a way to get it all there and maybe just maybe I'll inspire someone the way I feel inspired by the blogs I read. If not...I guess I won't have many followers ;)

A little about me....maybe alot. I've been a mom my whole adult life. I had my son at the age of eighteen and my daughter at the age of  twenty-two. I became a single mom when my daughter was only four months old. I've always worked and provided for my children even when no child support was coming in. At times I worked three jobs (not fun) but I never wanted my children to do without. I wanted them to have structure and happiness and I was bound and determined make that happen. One of the happiest days of my life.....when my son walked across the stage on graduation day. I felt like I did it! I proved the world wrong . A teenage mom can raise a successful child. Does that make sence? My daughter although sometimes a smart mouth she has it together. She is on National Honor Society, Key Club, Club Volleyball, Softball and taking classes to get her CNA and she is only a jr. in High School! I often think she spreads herself to thin but she presses on. She is an achiever where my son needed more of a kick in the butt.

I am worried about her senior year approaching. What do I do with myself then? Sure I've always worked but my main job was my children. Running from sporting event to school event. I think we lived in the car for years. Softball, Football, Tumbling,Dance,Wrestling, Volleyball, Baseball....you name it one of them have done it. I get sad instead of glad knowing soon my last little birdie will be leaving the nest. I have several friends who have just started having children and here mine are almost grown.

The last year has been a pure test of motherly love with my son. After graduation he went away to college and did a GREAT job. I was shocked and of course happy! About a month before the end of his first year he came to me in tears. He was going to be a father at nineteen years old. I was DEVESTATED! I had fought so hard for so many years to give him the best and I wanted so much more for him. I knew the struggle of parenthood I'd lived it. I cried and I hugged him and said we would get through it and everything was going to be alright. After all what could I say? I think I was in shock. I was going to be a GRANDMA at 38 years old WTF was all that could come to mind. LOL

Needless to say my grandson is here and I love him to death. I am still trying to think of a better name than grandma....I just think I'm to young for that.

Things are not all rosey in my world though. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment