Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Running anyone?

So...night after night I set my alarm and tell myself "I'm going to run in the morning". The alarm goes off morning after morning I proceed to hit snoooooooooooze 101 times with just enough time to get up and ready for work. Hence NO RUNNING. Day after day I think to myself Darnit...tomorrow!  Well guess what .... TODAY was TOMORROW!

The alarm went off and guess what I hopped out of bed and threw on my running clothes. NOPE I actually hit snooze but only 1 time. I drug my happy ass out of bed put on my clothes dreading ever single minute. I grabbed Bear (my dog) figured he deserved a run because he was looking snazzy from going to the groomer yesterday.
Walked out into the crisp morning air I live in the Midwest and proceeded to do my C25K. When I was all done I was so HAPPY.  I felt GREAT which is exactly how I knew I would feel it is just the whole doing it thing that holds me up. I am SO ready to start my day!

 I also wore a snazzy new pair of compression socks. I bet you are thinking "who cares about socks" at least that was my train of thought but I found them on sale off of another blog I read and thought...how can I pass up a deal? I mean my FAMOUS last words are ... "But it was on sale" :) So back to these socks. I bought them off of a site called www.procompression.com they are simply awesome...and are helping with my calf pain oh did I mention they are PINK?!?

 I am sporting pink all month for breast cancer awareness month!   Oh and here is a good like to why you should wear compressions socks -- read it! http://www.procompression.com/why-pro-compression-socks

Have you heard of C25K? Couch to 5K supposed to take you from the couch to running a 5K. It works I used it last year and actually ended up running a 5K...a couple of them along with a couple 3K's. I was all bad ass thinking I was even going to attempt a 1/2 marathon. YEAH FREAKING RIGHT! Went on vacation and completely gave up the running thing. I love it--I hate it. I ALWAYS feel great afterward but once you fall off the horse it is hard to get back on. So I gave up proceeded eating and being unhealthy again and here I sit 20 lbs heavier but getting back on the horse.

So here I am ... a runner....I new runner AGAIN...but hey at least I'm running.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I just saw your comment on Mama Laughlins blog so I came over & started reading your blog! I saw you & your boyfriend were having problems but you hadn't updated in a while.... Just wanted to know how things were going with him/ working out? Check out my blog @ norestforthewearymommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KellyAnne! I will check your's out!

      Delete
  2. I always hit the snooze button!! Now I've decided it's best to set multiple alarms to ensure my butt gets up & gets going! :) You'll get to the 1/2 marathon in time & then you'll be onto a full!! ..New reader.. Let's get an update going, lady!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back at it Katherine......each day is still a struggle but Im doing it!

      Delete