Wednesday, April 25, 2012

EPIC FAIL

Going so good and feeling so proud of myself. Step on the scale and see I'm dropping weight!

Then it happens-
I walk into work not one but two boxes of donuts....I can resist................no I can't I fail I grab a donut. Then of course I sit and sulk over the fact that I ate it. I am not going to lie I actually debated on going into the bathroom and throwing it up....what the hell is wrong with me! I didn't do this I just thought about it.

I then proceeded to think SCREW IT I suck I'll be fat forever. I go to Denny's and get a order of buffalo chicken strips with extra ranch, sprite and a slice of peanut butter pie (yummmmm) this was my lunch. I ate it so fast I don't think I even tasted it. Then of course more guilt and besides guilt I felt aweful. My stomach was aching.

Then it hit me....what are you doing? Sure you screwed up you ate a donut then you made it worse by having a horriable lunch. STOP THE MADNESS!  I proceeded to gulp down the water the rest of the afternoon and as soon as I got home I through on my workout clothes (t-shirt & sweats) nothing fancy. I grabbed my IPOD started the couch to 5K program and off I went. 2.25 miles in 30 mins! I made my fat cry...and I felt good..tired but good. Then as I rounded the corner to my house here comes my friend to see if I wanted to go for a walk with her and her baby. Every ounce of me wanted to say "No, I just got done working out I'm pooped" but instead I said "Sure let me grab a quick drink of water" I gulped down a bottle of water and off I went. We walked about 2.50 miles by this point my legs were aching. Arrived at my house and I felt great! GREAT! Yes, I screwed up my food but I worked out and had a good dinner.

My point. You make mistakes I didn't get fat because I make good food choices. But I have to learn to get back on the horse and hold tight to stay on.

This morning I made myself and my daughter a good breakfast and headed off to work FULL. There was still a half a box of donuts sitting on the table but I didn't care. I walked by them without even looking in. I filled up my water bottle and headed for my desk. Today I will try VERY hard to make good choices because TODAY is the only day I can control.

No comments:

Post a Comment