Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Running starts tonight!

I've been trying to get my mind right so I can start running again. You have to have some sort of focus to run. My life has been in such turmoil because of my 19 yr old son that I have been side-tracked.
Anyway I read this and thought I'd share:
RUNNER’S PERKS:Running improves your cardiovascular system, strengthening your heart and lunges
It lowers your blood pressure.
It’s convenient and affordable
It burns calories to aid in weight loss
Your body secretes mood enhancing hormones to fight depression
Running relieves stress
It also boosts confidence when you set, and reach, goals
Running helps smokers improve lung health and air capacity
It gives you a way to support various causes (Susan G. Komen, etc)
Runners may live longer because their heart beats up to 36,000 times less a year than an inactive person
by: Bonnie Pfeister

No comments:

Post a Comment